Dashing Dice Games Forum
Dashing Dice Games Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Dashing Dice Games
 Witchfinder General: Days of Revelation.
 Maleficium Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  21:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really sorry folks, you will have gathered that Maleficium has still not been released yet as I hoped . It is my fault entirely - two talented artists have completed some great artwork. Sarrissa Precision made and delivered the 'Hand of Fate' templates months ago and the chaps doing the layout and proof reading have thoroughly done their bit with the material they have received (most of the book). The delay is simply down to the need to do a little bit more play testing with a couple of the new scenarios ,and possibly a few minor tweaks to some of the new rules, before the supplement is released. Unfortunately my full time (none Wargaming related) 'day job' has been exceptionally busy over the last few months and getting sufficient time to play test has been a bit of a challenge.

I really appreciate folks' patience and continued interest.

I am pleased to confirm that Ian Mountain has agreed to do more figures (at least 4) in 2015. I am also waiting for confirmation from another talented sculptor on how many Witchfinder figures he can do next year as well.

I have just posted a couple of pics on the Witchfinder Facebook page of some of the artwork for Maleficium and a a pic of the next Witchfinder figures.

We still have plans to get to 'The New World' after 'Maleficium' - but the voyage is taking longer than anticipated.

dkblount

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2016 :  02:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Maleficium still in the works?
Best wishes,
Doug Blount

quote:
Originally posted by Black Sheep

Really sorry folks, you will have gathered that Maleficium has still not been released yet as I hoped . It is my fault entirely - two talented artists have completed some great artwork. Sarrissa Precision made and delivered the 'Hand of Fate' templates months ago and the chaps doing the layout and proof reading have thoroughly done their bit with the material they have received (most of the book). The delay is simply down to the need to do a little bit more play testing with a couple of the new scenarios ,and possibly a few minor tweaks to some of the new rules, before the supplement is released. Unfortunately my full time (none Wargaming related) 'day job' has been exceptionally busy over the last few months and getting sufficient time to play test has been a bit of a challenge.

I really appreciate folks' patience and continued interest.

I am pleased to confirm that Ian Mountain has agreed to do more figures (at least 4) in 2015. I am also waiting for confirmation from another talented sculptor on how many Witchfinder figures he can do next year as well.

I have just posted a couple of pics on the Witchfinder Facebook page of some of the artwork for Maleficium and a a pic of the next Witchfinder figures.

We still have plans to get to 'The New World' after 'Maleficium' - but the voyage is taking longer than anticipated.

Doug Blount
Elizabeth, Indiana
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2016 :  17:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mr Blount. Thanks very much for your query and continued interest in the game. Unfortunately my hobby time has been severely reduced over the last 12 months as I have been doing a 'day job' related course and I have had to write several assignments. I have just finished the course and can now resume work on completing Maleficium.
Go to Top of Page

Sir Gervase Lucas

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2016 :  17:12:16  Show Profile  Send Sir Gervase Lucas an AOL message  Reply with Quote

I've just bought the rules to WG:DoR, which is my first ever tabletop wargame. My son and I are excited to get started - but there is a bit of painting and reading to do first...

The sample of Maleficium looks fantastic. Looking forward to it's release!
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  20:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sir Gervase - I hope you and your son enjoy the game.
Go to Top of Page

The Laughing Cavalier

2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2017 :  20:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all, just joined and this is my first post on the forum.......
though things seem eerily quiet on here (unless my interweb browser is playing up again).
Any news on Maleficium please?
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2017 :  20:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Laughing Cavalier. Thanks for your query. We are still (very slowly) completing Maleficium and getting some new figures sculpted too. When a print and release date is confirmed I will post an update on this forum and the Witchfinder Facebook page. Your Interweb browser is fine by the way
Go to Top of Page

The Laughing Cavalier

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  00:12:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for the welcome, and the good news on ALL counts
I did find the facebook page (and joined the group) after I'd posted my comment here, but I'm no lover of facebook / twitter and the like - I much prefer the format of a forum, where things just seem "more permanent"

Really looking forward to Maleficium and will be keeping my eyes peeled on all formats!
When you say you're "getting some new figures sculpted", which manufacturers web site do I need to be watching? (I bet the answer is on the facebook group - you're just trying to make me go there aren't you?!)
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  21:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again Laughing Cavalier. I will add a post on this forum about the figures too I don't have shares in Facebook (honest)
Go to Top of Page

Sir Gervase Lucas

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2017 :  18:27:30  Show Profile  Send Sir Gervase Lucas an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Laughing Cavalier. Relatively new here myself. The forum is rather quiet - more is posted on the Facebook page. It would be nice to kickstart the forum into being a little more active, too. Black Sheep will always respond though - looking back through the forums earlier posts - and that's a big plus.

Eagerly awaiting Maleficium myself of course, but understand that real life can and does get in the way! If it's like the rule set and the game play, it will be well worth the wait. The new figures are an added bonus. Stickler Mitchell and Young Megan are great sculpts.

Incidentally, the aforementioned are currently away on official business in the borders. Some trouble with the vampire 'Bad Lord Soulis' and his ruthless band of Scots mercenaries. They're fresh back from service with the Swedish King, doped up on Dalymalium, and are enthusiastically spilling innocent blood for their new master...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dashing Dice Games Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page