Dashing Dice Games Forum
Dashing Dice Games Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Dashing Dice Games
 Witchfinder General: Days of Revelation.
 Teesside Wargames Convention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  11:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to the folk that stopped for a chat or tried a game of Witchfinder during the first Teesside Wargames Convention that was held in Middlesbrough yesterday. This friendly event was organised by Waugh Games. Once again battle raged around the walls of Ellsmouth Castle as the petard assault team struggled through the mud and musket fire in an attempt to blow the castle's gates. We adapted and simplified the rules for a few games in order to cater for a number of youngsters (infant school age) that wanted to play. As a result the Witchfinders - reduced to a D3 'Fisticuffs rating' - were mauled by the Barguests (aka nasty hedgedogs) with their vicious D6 Attack rating. These young wargamers were spot on with their maths when they calculated the result of the 10 plus D10 thrown to determine how far the witches could fly.
Please have a look at the Teesside Wargames Convention Facebook page and the blog 'Herkybirds Nest ‘ for pics of the different games that were available during the day – although they do not capture and convey the pleasant smell from the 'hog roast' that was available in the main hall.
Thanks again to Neil Smith for the useful 'further reading' recommendations. I hope everyone has a good Bank Holiday weekend.

Mr_Wibble

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  12:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for introducing my daughter to the game....she now has me painting witchfinders, Barguests, Scarecrows and buying more witches that you can shake a broom stick at.........and of more concern is her new found fascination with pointy hats, black cats, and cauldrons of bubbling liquids.
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  21:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Mr Wibble. I am pleased your daughter enjoyed the game , it was a right good day - thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dashing Dice Games Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page